Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lego Club at the Library

One thing I should have done as a parent is take advantage of the library more. Our libraries in Omaha are great!

We always had so many books at home, that I never took the kids to the library very much. Once Mica got into chapter books, we've been there a lot. I just can't keep up with all the reading he does.

There's more than books there. I like that they have story time, computer games, DVDs to check out, and Lego Club!

We went to the Lego Club this weekend.

The theme was space, but I think Mica was the only one that focused on the theme.

Lego's everywhere.


I think it was an hour long. After looking at books myself, I decided to join the boys.

Mica built a Mars Rover type of thing. I thought it was the coolest construction on the table. Mainly because he kept with the theme they had talked about.

 

Isaak built a room of some kind. He took his construction over to a little girl, and talked for awhile. I'm careful about teasing him about girls. He gets pretty worked up if I even mention that he has a friend that's a girl.


What about you, do you go to the library in your area?


10 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Wow it's great that they have a lego club! We go at least once a month.. to get some books. There's kids activities too but we usually don't make it on time since we are usually there in the evenings and activities are earlier. I'd want to catch one of their story-telling sessions though.

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Harry Flashman said...

No. Our library is terrible. All well thumbed paperbacks and that's about it.

The Cranky said...

They've closed down several of the libraries in the area, but we still go to the main library when we have the time. We went more often when the kidling was small... and what a great resource it was!

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

woooowed..by the time I opened it my son Bo saw it and ho excited he was...kids really love Lego and I support it because it's good for them as well...you're lucky you have the club near you..

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Ours have Lego club too, but we haven't been yet.

Love the creations!

Theresa Mahoney said...

That's a fun kind of club! My library hasn't done any great activities now for months, though we still go to check out books and movies quite often.

Masshole Mommy said...

Our library has a lego club, too. We don't go all that often, but I think it's great that it's a free, fun activity for the kids.

Eat To Live said...

Well all I can say is you have one cool Library in your town.

mail4rosey said...

They have a Lego Club at my son's school. Maybe we'll join this year. :) We do go to the library, I love it.

~ Noelle said...

That is so cool that they have lego club there...
Wish we had that at ours...

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com