Sunday, January 25, 2015

What Famous Person Would You Want to Know About?

Mica reads and reads. He gets one book read on the way from the library to home. He reads fiction, and nonfiction. Sometimes he's picky, while other times he's not.

He's read a lot about presidents. I'm not sure why, but he's had an interest in past presidents. Presidents were and are one of my least favorite interests. 

We've moved on to Ben Franklin, Harriet Tubman, Anne Frank, George Washington Carver, Johnny Appleseed,  Betsy Ross, Amelia Earhart and more. He's read a few books on Steve Spielberg. He loves movie history, and Spielberg is his favorite director.

I don't always get the Who Was... and Who Is... series. It's just the easiest series to put on hold for him. Otherwise I have to dig for info on if it's a book for adults or kids. That series is a little too easy for him, but we pick up harder books to.

I just put Who Was Gandhi? and Who Was Sitting Bull? on hold for him.




Who would you like to learn about, and why? It can be someone from the past, or someone that lives now.

7 comments:

Theresa Mahoney said...

I am not big on meeting famous people, but if I had to pick, I think Marilyn Monroe would have been fascinating. Lucille Ball too!

mail4rosey said...

I always loved to read about people when I was a kid too. I still do sometimes. And I still love to read about presidents. :) If I could meet a famous person... I think it'd be Thurgood Marshall. His record in the SC was pretty phenomenal.

Masshole Mommy said...

I think I would maybe like to talk to someone like Paul Revere if I had the chance. I bet he'd have some interesting things to say.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Mine would be Shakespeare I think!!

Eat To Live said...

Sitting Bull. My Mother said we were related somehow.... but I think all Native Americans ( Indians ) say they are related to him. Wishful thinking.

~ Noelle said...

These books were big sellers at the last book fair. Broxton has really got into the Presidents this year :)
(And the civil war)

Ai Sakura said...

I like to read about kings, queens from different countries and how their lifestyles and culture are different or similar :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com