Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Last Week of Classes

Not only is it my last week of teaching classing, it's my boy's last week of school to. I'm getting rid of papers at work, and gaining papers at home. 



Dad has been out of town since Sunday. He was crazy and decided to go up to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to deliver his sculpture. He wasn't able to go to the opening, so I hope it's worth it to him. He drove down there, he installed it, and he drove back. Yesterday he drove 14 hours to give you an idea of his trip. He left on Sunday, and came home late last night (Wed.). Two people volunteered to have him stay with them. I suggested he rent a car to go there. Put the wear and tear on something else besides one of our vehicles. 

I was worried about the timing of Dad being out of town with the last week of school, but things were ok. I even asked the boys, "How did you think I did with Dad being gone?" They both said, "I think you did great Mom." 
 

When does school end where you are at?

12 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

The last teacher work day for my wife is Friday. We were going to take that trip to Tybee (Savannah) but she has to stay a whole extra week over in that town to watch her elderly mom, who lives in a little house next to my wife's sister. The sister and her husband are going to L.A. so we got "the duty"

I bet you are glad everything is winding down. Sorry your husband couldn't be home but it looks like you and the boys did fine.

An Apel a Day said...

Thanks! I think we did just fine. I'm glad he's back though.

~ Noelle said...

Today was the last day today...
Yep, I have a first grader now!!!!!

Eat To Live said...

Aww... How nice that they both think you did great without your Dad there

Eat To Live said...

I meant their Dad

Ai Sakura said...

Our schools will end term in about a week or two as well. Then it's June holiday mayhem as kids run amok everywhere all day long and it's so crowded to go shopping or any playgrounds hahaha.

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Masshole Mommy said...

We get out June 19th. It was supposed to be the 14th, but then we had 5 snow days.

Unknown said...

School ends in Summer here too, but obviously being the southern hemisphere, we get it off over Christmas.

Felicia said...

We are in session until June 11th. I am so ready for these boys to be out!

Theresa Mahoney said...

Yay for another school year down. We have snow days to make up, so we go until June 10.

mail4rosey said...

Aww I love the last picture. I hope the drive was worth it to him. It must have meant a lot. I'm glad you did a-okay with the boys. :)

Terra Heck said...

Our kids get out next Friday. Hope you and the kids have a wonderful summer break!

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com