Sunday, June 28, 2015

Prime Kitchen Review

I love the idea of not ever having to buy paper liners for cupcakes or muffins again. Prime Kitchen sent me special silicone baking cups to review. 



At my work we make treats for our birthday, so I decided to make Raspberry Pink Lemonade Cupcakes. 


Just a warning: They are not healthy. I didn't really make them for me. I made them for my work. I did sneak to have one, and yes they are tasty! 
Cupcakes:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/8 cup corn starch
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Syrup:
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar 
Frosting:
  • 1 heaping cup fresh raspberries
  • 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
  • 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • raspberries for toppings
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Add to a mixing bowl all the dried ingredients to the cupcake recipe. Stir, and set aside. 
  • Add to a mixing bowl all the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix.
  • Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. What's nice about Prime Kitchen liners is that you don't need to spray them with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. 
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool.
  • Prepare syrup: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Brush mixture over warm cupcakes in 2 coats.
  • For the frosting: Heat mixture in a saucepan set over medium-low heat until reduced by half (to 3 - 3 1/2 Tbsp). Mash the berries. Cool completely (speed chill in freezer).
  • In the bowl use hand held mixer to whip butter until very pale and fluffy. Mix in 1 cup powdered sugar then mix in reduced raspberry puree and vanilla. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy (if an even stronger raspberry flavor is desired you can add in 1/4 tsp raspberry extract, or to taste).
  • Add one raspberry to top of each cupcake then pipe frosting over raspberry and top with another raspberry.
  • Store in an airtight container.
Lemony Goodness!

With our Prime Kitchen Baking Cups you don't ever have to buy paper cups again. Paper cups just get thrown out, which is bad on the environment, and bad on the pocket book. I'm not saying silicone cups are perfect on the environment. It takes a process to make those. They can be used and used some more for years!

They are also easier to clean than metal cupcake pans. Cupcakes and muffins pop right out of them without using any sprays.

In addition, our Premium Luxury Designed Box can be used as a Dessert Container for taking it with you at School, Work or be used as a Gift!





Why not be creative? These cups can be used for more than baking...
  • Ice cream cakes
  • Cheesecakes
  • Gelatin
  • Chocolate lined desserts
  • Trail mix
  • and more
Special Silicone Baking Properties Result In Even-Baking Every Time
  • 12 standard size, reusable cups in handy storage container
  • Cups are 2 5/8 inch diameter x 1 1/4 inch tall
  • They hold up to 2 1/4 fluid ounces
  • Heat resistant up to 446°F/ 230°C
 
MicrowaveFreezer and Dishwasher safe
  • High quality
  • BPA free 
  • FDA approved
  • Easy clean up and storage. For optimum cleaning hand wash or turn inside out and place on top dish washer rack.
  • Stack and store your baking cups with the included convenient container.
  • They stand behind our products with a no-hassle, money-back Lifetime Guarantee!
Price:

I did feel like they were on the expensive side. They are $49.99. I do understand that they are reusable. It's just that I've seen similar reusable cups for much cheaper. The box is cute that they came in, they seemed sturdy, and come in fun colors for boys and girls.



What would you love to try in Prime Kitchen | Best Standard Size Silicon Baking Cups Liners?

The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel's
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free, or at a discounted rate from Prime Kitchen using Tomoson. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

7 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Oh yes I prefer to use silicone cup liners too, especially when I bake for home since they are reusable and I've some cute teacup and robot designs :P

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

An Apel a Day said...

I'd love to see your robot ones Ai! Where did you get them?

Theresa Mahoney said...

I do like my silicone cups too, but they are such a pain to wash! Even running them through the dishwasher doesn't always get the gunk off, so we only use ours sparingly.

Masshole Mommy said...

We make lots of cupcakes, so these would come in handy for us.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those sound so yummy!

Maryann D. said...

I love that these silicone baking cups are so colorful and easy to use and clean. I just wasted $1.50 purchasing some paper cups. My daughter would love to use these.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

I use them too...really love the color and soo very handy :).
Love the premium luxury designed box, so cute.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com