Friday, July 3, 2015

Random Tid Bits

  1. We got a dumpster last week. With my husband being a sculptor he has acquired some junk over the years that he thought he'd use, but hasn't. We did some work on our stairs, and needed to get rid of some paneling. The shed was full of stuff when we moved into our house, so a lot of that had to be removed. Lastly I threw away random stuff like store hangers, cheap toys that the boys didn't want, and 2 car seats. Mica's officially out of a car seat.

  2. 2 random strangers were spotted in our private dumpster. Isaak came running down to my car to meet me, "Mom 2 strange boys were in our junk yard. They must have come into our house to take Mica's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. He wouldn't throw that away. Those men were playing with it."

    I had to get the whole story from Dad. Travis said there were two grown men playing with McDonald Happy Meal toys in our dumpster. He felt odd telling them to leave; only because he thought there might be an altercation. Thankfully there wasn't

  3. One of the students that is here taking a summer class (I'm not the teacher) wears a man bun. He has really curly, unruly hair. I get why he'd want it up. Do you love them, or hate them?  I don't really care one way, or another. It just struck me as something that stood out. Hey if it's comfortable, why not? To me hair is just an extension to one's self. It doesn't make up who a person is. Many moons ago I went out with someone that went to an all boys school. He and his friends tried so hard to push the "no long hair rule". The rule seemed silly to me. It really doesn't matter to me what someone's hair looks like. On the flip side if someone is going to go to a school with rules that they previously knew about they better abide by them.

  4. Source
  5. The speech teacher keeps wanting me to sit in on speeches that the student mentioned above is giving. We don't have a typical classroom setting in the summer. It's understandable. At the same time I forget. In the summer I'm not on a schedule per say. I come in and work on a project all day long. I forget when lunch happens, and when it's 5 I don't stir until it's 5:05. I hear others move around, and I'm like, "Oh it's time to leave."

  6. There are mulberries growing behind the school I took the boys there to pick berries last weekend. I made the mistake of not explaining to the boys how bad the berries stain. Isaak sat down in the grass right by the berries. He had a dark purple butt. Then when I was on the ladder Isaak decided it would be funny to start pitching berries at Mica. It was a mess! For the record soaking clothing in vinegar for a few hours, and washing them with another cup of vinegar gets most of the berry stain out.

    My boss came over and started picking berries with us. I said, "Boys we're going to watch Saving Mr. Banks later today." Mica said, "That's PG13. We can't see that." I said, "It will be fine. You've seen other PG13 movies. I wouldn't let you watch a movie that's bad for you." He said, "It might be sexually explicit!" Talk about embarrassing around the boss man! That boy reads way too much! He said to me yesterday that Robin Williams was murdered. He read the tabloid in the line at the grocery store.

6 comments:

~ Noelle said...

Lol, I love your random Tid Bits posts. This one made me laugh.

Theresa Mahoney said...

Is Saving Mr. Banks sexually explicit? I put that on our dvr to watch with the girls this summer. Guess I better find out!

Yep, those mulberries really do stain something awful! Glad you got it out though!

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

I have friends wearing man bun and they look cool hehehe...I personally like long-haired guys, as long as it suit them of course...

Masshole Mommy said...

We have a dumpster in our yard right now, too. We wanted to clean out our garage and basement.

Anonymous said...

I saw someone digging through the top part of our garabge can one time to pull out some old frames that had broken and rotted. It made me a little nervous to see it, especially with identity theft, but after seeing that is all he took, I was ok. We shred papers that have info on them that isn't for other eyes but one never knows if something was missed.

I think that is great that you found wild mulberries to pick. We (hubby) pick wild blackberries found way back past our lot because who else around here is going to do so. Clearly no one because there are so many! I feel it would be such a waste if we didn't take advantage of them.

Eat To Live said...

Wow... That was really strange that those men were in a dumpster to begin with

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com